How to Activate Apple TV
Apple TV is a program designed for Apple Inc. The application enables users to access the various Apple TV channels, Apple TV+ and the iTunes Store. It is entirely compatible with different devices that Apple users use. Apart from that, you can find a lot of original content on the Apple TV app. Many users might want to know how to activate Apple TV. In this article, you’ll find all about it. You will also discover if you can get a free subscription to Apple TV+ and what to do if you cannot see it.
How to Activate Apple TV
When you have the Apple TV application, you can interact with a variety of channels like CBS, BBC, HBO Now, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, ITV, Channel 5, and many more. You can also watch various movies and multiple TV channels. If you have a device that can easily access the application on Apple TV, you can use the activation procedure and install the app on your device. But before that, you need to know how you can sign in on the Apple TV channel.
- Create an Apple ID to sign in to the Apple TV channel.
You need an Apple ID to sign in to Apple TV. If you don’t already have one, follow these steps to create a new Apple ID.
- Begin your channel on Apple TV.
- Choose ‘Settings,’ followed by ‘Accounts.’
- Choose ‘Sign Up.’
- There are two sign-in options. You can select them through your television.
- You can sign in via your mobile, through the ‘Login Mobile Device.’
- Navigate to ‘activate.apple.com.’ Alternatively, you can also scan the QR code.
Note – To activate your Apple TV, you should visit activate.apple.com.
- Activate your Apple TV through activate.apple.com
To activate Apple TV through activate.apple.com, you need to download and launch the Apple TV+ channel on your system. Follow these steps for it.
- Navigate to activate.apple.com on your smartphone or desktop.
- Note the activation code that comes on your phone.
- Open a web browser and navigate to activate.apple.com.
- You’ll be prompted to input a code that’s on your device to progress ahead.
- Now you can view all the Apple TV Plus devices you have access to.
Also, you can read How to Activate Visa Gift Card
How to Set up Apple TV?
You can set up your Apple TV easily by adhering to some stepwise guidelines. They are as follows.
- Plug Apple TV into a power source and link it to your TV via an HDMI cable. Now, switch on your TV and choose the HDMI input your Apple TV is linked to.
- Swipe on your Apple TV remote’s touch surface to locate your country and language.
- To add your Wi-Fi settings and Apple ID to your Apple TV automatically, select ‘Set up with device.’ Now, unlock your Apple device, hold it against your Apple TV and adhere to the steps on the screen of your Apple TV and iOS device.
- In case you don’t wish to set up Apple TV with your Apple device, select ‘Set up Manually.’ Now, adhere to the instructions on the screen of your Apple TV to link to your home Wi-Fi network and log in with your Apple ID.
- In specific regions and countries, you can log in with your TV or cable provider on the Apple TV for watching TV movies and shows on your TV subscription or cable.
- Switch on ‘One Home Screen’ for keeping the apps and Home Screen the same across all Apple TV. Select a room where your TV is to add it to the home application on your Mac and Apple device automatically.
- Upon the completion of the setup, you’ll view the home screen. Here you can watch all your favorite movies and shows.
Are You Eligible for a Free Apple TV+ Subscription?
All those who bought an Apple device (iPad, iPad Touch, iPhone, Mac, or Apple TV) since September 10, 2019, are qualified for a free subscription of one year. You should have brought your device via an authorized Apple reseller or Apple. Note that you should claim your offer within three months of setting up your new purchase. For those who brought an Apple device before the release of Apple TV+, the beginning date of this three-month window starts from November 1, 2019.
Also, you can read how to activate iMessage
How to Activate Free Apple TV+ Subscription?
To activate Apple TV free year, switch on your eligible device. It might be your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Apple TV HD, or Mac. Then follow these points.
- Log in using your Apple ID.
- Launch the TV app on the device that is eligible.
- Next, click ‘Enjoy 1 Year Free.’ It’s on the main page of a specific Apple TV+ show.
- Click ‘Continue‘ on the box that says you get free service.
- Next, you have to type your Apple ID password.
- Verify your billing information. Note that you don’t have to pay any price during this one-year free trial. Also, keep in mind that the eligible device you have must be using the recent iOS, tvOS, iPadOS, or macOS software update.
- When you activate free Apple TV, you also commit to a monthly subscription plan. This subscription renews automatically till you cancel it as per your wishes. You can cancel whenever you want in ‘Settings‘ a day before the renewal date. Note that if you cancel while you are on your free year, you and all other people in your family will lose all Apple TV+ accessibility. You will also lose the rest of your free trial for one year.
What to Do If You Cannot See Your Free Subscription?
Many people face problems with the Apple TV activate the process. They cannot find a way to activate their free Apple TV+ subscription. Follow these steps to resolve this problem.
- Navigate to ‘tv.apple.com.’
- Click ‘Login.’
- You should view and find yourself able to accept the freebie.
- Now sign out of the Apple TV application on your device.
- Open the TV app and sign in again.
What to Do If You Can Only See the 7-Day Free Trial Offer on an Eligible Device?
It might be possible that you only notice the 7-day free trial offer on your qualified device while you have signed in with your Apple ID. In this case, you must click the ‘Try Apple TV+ free.’ You will be displayed the choice to claim your one-year offer. If the problem still doesn’t resolve, do the following:
- Check when you have purchased your device. It should have been bought after September 10, 2019. If you are trying to claim the free offer on the new Apple Watch, note that this device doesn’t qualify.
- If the device was not bought through Apple or its reseller, it doesn’t qualify.
- You also should be signed into the qualifying device via your Apple ID.
- Check that you have updated your device to the recent software version.
- You must claim the offer while being signed in with your Apple ID.
- Check the Apple TV app on a different Apple device. It’s possible that the offer will appear on Apple devices that you bought years ago.
- Sign out of the qualifying device. Then sign in again after some time. It’s a bit of an extended process. So do it only if none of the methods given above work.
The article must have provided you with the answer to how to activate Apple TV. You can easily activate it through activate.apple.com. You also know what to do if you cannot claim the subscription. If you have any other queries, contact Apple customer support services. You will receive prompt resolutions from them.